One of my favorite blogs is asking for help and maybe you too would like to make a difference.
Nicole Sharp from Fuck Yeah Fluid Dynamics had her funds cancelled and asks for their readers to fund her to go to the American Physical Society’s Division of Fluid Dynamics.
She points out three major reasons for you to send her to the conference:
- Tell the fluid dynamics community about FYFD’s success in inspiring high-school and undergraduate-aged students to study fluid dynamics.
- Share my first-of-their-kind measurements of surface roughness effects on hypersonic aerodynamics.
- Gather material and contacts for future FYFD content (both written posts, and, hopefully, FYFD-produced videos)
Check out the perks she offers at IndieGoGo and the video:
I will now head over there and throw some spare change at her. At this point I think she must go completely insane. The fundraiser was started yesterday and is at 1850$ of 2000$, so be part of something awesome!
Isn’t this a brilliant example how outreach has helped giving something back?!
Latest posts by Jesper Dramsch (see all)
- Geysers in Slow Motion - 2019-02-04
- Keynote Bonanza and No Coffee – The EAGE / PESGB ML Workshop - 2018-12-17
- The Good, The Bad, The Weird – 2018 SEG Meeting - 2018-12-11